I recently had the pleasure of launching a redesign of a client’s website and blog. If you are from southwest Florida, you may be familiar with Train With Shane. Deborah Shane, of Train With Shane, describes herself as a motivator, educator, catalyst and advocate. The soul and spirit of her business is founded on emPOWERing and helping people believe they can succeed. As a designer, it’s truly rewarding to collaborate with a creative client and help their vision and passion come to life online.
Deborah recently had her logos updated by another designer to reflect the direction her business is going in. She decided it was time to update her website (www.trainwithshane.com) and blog (www.deborahshanetoolbox.com) to reflect this same direction and hired Blue Turtle Graphics to redesign her WordPress powered web sites. Deborah had been struggling with the Thesis theme for WordPress to power her sites, so I switched her over to the Canvas theme by Woo Themes. If you are unfamiliar with Woo Themes, they make top-notch themes for WordPress and the Canvas theme is by far the most versatile theme they make. We used the Canvas as a starting point and customized the site and blog from there. Here’s what we did:
- Simplified the navigation to feature the main areas of her business: Speaking, Events, Training, and Consulting
- Created an email signup box in the sidebar to help capture information about her visitors
- Gathered all her video and audio clips and created a page to showcase them
- Rebranded the website and blog by keeping the fonts, colors and graphics consistent across both sites
- Added social media icons to the top of each page for quick access to connect with Deborah on various social media platforms